In some instances, you may want to reset your PC which will reload windows without destroying your personal information, most settings, and software. This can be a major time saver when your Windows 10 machine isn’t performing well.
If your PC isn’t running well, resetting it might fix the problem. Resetting reinstalls Windows 10, but gives you the option to keep your files. Here are three ways to reset your PC:
Option 1 – In Windows
- Select the Start button
- Select Settings > Update & security > Recovery
- Under Reset this PC select Get started.
Option 2 – Before Login
- Restart your PC to get to the sign-in screen
- Press and hold down the Shift key while selecting the Power icon > Restart in the lower-right hand corner of the screen.
- After restarts, select Troubleshoot > Reset this PC.
Be sure to select option to “Keep your files”